Adoption details for adopting one of our pets
We are seeking a permanent, loving, responsible home for all companion animals. So that we may be assured that the animal you wish to adopt is best suited to you, your home, and your lifestyle and is placed in an environment that is capatible with his/her needs, we ask that you complete an application. Please note we have two separate applications, one for cats and one for dogs.
In order for you to adopt an animal, we need you to:
- Be sure that you are financially able to provide for the animals's needs. This includes food, supplies, license and veterinary care.
- Be sure that you have adequate time to spend with your new pet, including training, exercising and grooming.
- Have your landlord's permission to bring an animal into his/her property.
- Have the consent of all adults in your household.
- Be at least 18 years of age and have verifiable identification.
- Complete application in full and discuss it with a GHAS employee or volunteer.
- Understand that this is an adoption, not a sale. GHAS reserves the right to postpone or refuse an adoption.
If your application is approved, you will be asked to pay the adoption fee and sign an adoption contract.